Content marketing is one of the ways to attract customers, but unlike direct advertising, it does not work directly, but brings growth indirectly, by publishing useful content to the target audience. It will take time to see visible results, but with the right strategy, content marketing can be more effective than any advertisement.
Why content marketing is necessary
Content marketing’s main purpose is to create associations that are attractive to consumers and drive sales. You can accomplish the following tasks with this content marketing:
- Increase awareness. Content marketing is a way to introduce people to products, services, and businesses. It allows you to reach people who are used to not paying attention to conventional advertising.
- The image of an expert is formed. The company’s regular publication of useful content attracts attention and forms an image of an expert. This allows the company to influence indirectly the opinions of consumers.
- Increase public trust. Trusting businesses with expert content can increase the likelihood of selling products or services. Expert content will inspire confidence in consumers.
- Loyalty. Content marketing has one goal: to build a loyal base of customers who will be more likely to return to the company for repeat orders and to refer friends and acquaintances to the company.
Types of Content
Content refers to information that can be communicated to the consumer in a variety of ways. The information and the preferred modes of perception of the target audience determine the presentation format. These are the main types of content:
- Articles. These articles can be published on a blog, website, or third-party resource. These could include product or service reviews, tips, how-to guides, or step-by-step recommendations to help the target audience solve specific problems.
- Case. Case studies are a great way to show expertise to customers. You can analyze specific issues and show how the company dealt with them.
- Infographics. This content format allows for the visual presentation of information using images, diagrams and diagrams. It’s designed to present the material in a clear, bright, and visual way.
- Social media content. This content is designed to encourage interaction between the audience and the brand. It helps to build trust.
- Video. Video is a popular way to communicate information. It’s easy to understand and allows you to make an impact on consumers.
- Audio. Podcasts are an increasingly popular audio content format. Podcasts are a great way to stay current on topics and to get information.
- Ebook. This e-book is full-featured and answers customers’ questions. You can either give the book away for free, or you can get it as a bonus for completing a specific action on the site.
- Newsletters. Newsletters allow you to communicate with customers, provide commercial and informative content and build brand loyalty.
Depending on the audience and budget, a business can choose to focus on one format only or several. You will also need to prepare a content plan for each one. This is a plan that outlines future releases for a specific period.
FireSEO specialists can help you master this powerful promotion channel. We will select the right formats, plan and create a content strategy, and then publish relevant content to increase your business’s sales and retention.